Asbestos Removal and Thermal Insulation since 2000
West Coast Thermal Ltd is Cumbria’s only Thermal Insulation specialist AND licensed Asbestos Removal Contractor.
Set up in May 2000 by directors Barry Graham, John Boughey and Neil Murray, the company began with a small team of specialists with years of knowledge and practical experience of asbestos management and thermal insulation. Over the last 2 years, we have also branched out into the supply and fitting of fire protection services.
With projects for local, national and ‘Blue Chip’ companies, in locations throughout Scotland and the north of England, the company has seen significant growth and now has over 30 employees managed from expanded offices in West Cumbria.
Our staff are all local to West Cumbria – a fact we are proud of. Our continuous training helps maintain highly skilled workers who hold a number of professional qualifications and accreditations – including apprentices who are recruited on an annual basis.
All our work is carried out to the highest professional standards – always in accordance with HSE regulations and we are proud of our health and safety record and our positive safety culture.
We are proud to announce that in June 2016 West Coast Thermal achieved ISO9001:2015 accreditation for our Quality Management Systems in thermal insulation and asbestos removal.
In 2014, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence by ACAD in recognition of an outstanding audit on a large asbestos removal project at a tyre factory in Carlisle.
We are full long-term members of TICA, ACAD, CHAS, SMAS, RoSPA, Constructionline & Builders Profile.
West Coast Thermal ltd are proud of their support of local community projects and local sports teams over the years – examples being as follows:
- A long-standing practical & financial support of Seaton Rangers Amateur Rugby League Club which stretches back 17 years now. John Boughey (Director) is the coach of the U8 team and WCT provides funds for team strips etc on an annual basis.
- Annual funding for Iggesund Golf Society for a Golf Day that supports local cancer charities.
- In September, we provided some funding towards Impact Housing Association 40th Anniversary Fun Day – Impact was able to provide a free fun day event at Carlisle Racecourse for all its tenants & service users. (See attached letter)
- We sponsor Workington Town RL Club on various match days throughout the season – Man of the Match, match ball etc, which helps the club financially.
- We have helped support local youth football at a grassroots level by buying advertising space on their calendar.